Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New National Children's Ministry Leader

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I tell you that Kristen Jones has taken over from me in leading the National Children's Ministry for the Wesleyan Methodist Church of NZ. My task as convener of the Children's Ministry Task group was to develop the national work to the point where the appropriate structure for this vital part of the church's mission in the world could be identified and put in place. That has been achieved and Children's Ministry now takes its place alongside the established national ministries of youth, missions, resources and Ministry Development

Kristen's appointment was made by WMCNZ's National Council last week and in doing so we have affirmed a young woman with drive and passion for Children's Ministry who will take this work to a new level. As I say I am excited that someone with Kristen's skills and abilities has listened to God's call to this ministry and it was my pleasure to nominate her for the role. I hope everyone gives her the support you have given me over the last 2 years.


What's for me now. My call as an ordained minister in the WMCNZ is in large part to Children's Ministry and that does not change with this handing on of the baton. My time as leader of this ministry is at an end and I move into a support role - I will continue to be involved in whatever capacity(s) Kristen would like me to be involved.

Blessings
Pastor Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment