Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Joseph & Prevenient Grace

Well as promised I've started. We are working through the E100 Bible Reading Challenge and last Sunday we  were looking at the story of Joseph. So many lessons we can take from this but what struck me as I began to prepare for 9:45 Live (our family friendly kids service) was the presence of the prevenient grace of God. Ok it may be a bit of a stretch but doesn't this remind you of God's prevenient grace "God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors." Genesis 45:7 (NLT)

God has sent me ahead of you - the grace that goes before (prevenient grace). So it's probably not a text that would stand theological scrutiny but I believe it was legitimate to use it to introduce the concept of prevenient grace to kids aged 7 and under.

My lesson plan is on Facebook - see http://www.facebook.com/note.php?created&&note_id=124472687605017&id=109123385805171

I fully admit it's not perfect but it's a start - let's all add what we do and feel free to review and amend so we do get a great curriculum

Pastor Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment