Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Looking for CM training - read on

Firstly - an apology for not getting anything up last week. The week got away from me!

Finally I can talk about it Carey Baptist College are offering a "Children and Family Ministry Combo" for the first time next year (2011). This is exciting as it is the only such evangelical training for Children & Families Ministry that I am aware of at any of NZ's ministry training colleges. I'm excited also because I was privileged to be asked for input / comment as the combo was developed.

The combo is "four courses designed to help equip you for the opportunities and challenges of serving Jesus in children and family ministries". It's a combination of 2 block courses (i.e. attendance for 1 week per course at Carey) and 2 field education courses (you work in your local setting applying what you've learnt with assessments designed to help you evaluate what you are doing etc).

This can be done either full-time or part-time and the courses can be taken individually, as a stand-alone combo, or as part of one of Carey's qualifications.

The courses are
Children's  Ministry (I've done this course - it's great!)
The Family in NZ Society
2 Field Education courses (I've done these also - found them to be great for learning to apply what I learnt in the classroom

So - go for it - take advantage of this great opportunity. There are deadlines for applying. Those and more information on Carey can be found here - Carey Baptist College.

By the way I'm a great fan of Carey and encourage anyone who wants a thorough bible based applied focus ministry education with in a caring community to go to Carey.

Pastor Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment